Using Google’s Advanced Search
Some tips for using Google
Search by Image (drop a picture into Google Search instead of text)
Research tools in Google Docs – Why Google Docs is an excellent tool (better than Word) for students to learn how to insert footnotes and reference citations for research assignments.
The sites below offer some great options for students when researching.
Survey Monkey – great site for students (and staff) to design and distribute surveys.
Dibdabdoo – a website that provides kid safe research sites on a wide range of topics
The links below where taken from the http://askatechteacher.wordpress.com blog. I would like to ackowledge this site for its contribution.
- All-around research site libraryspot.com
- Dictionary www.dictionary.com
- Edutainment site—requires subscription www.brainpop.com/
- General info research www.infoplease.com/yearbyyear.html
- Internet research sites for kids http://ivyjoy.com/rayne/kidssearch.html
- Math, reading, arcade edutainment www.funbrain.com
- National Geographic for kids kids.nationalgeographic.com/
- Research for kids www.factmonster.com/
- Research—by grade level www.iknowthat.com/com/L3?Area=LabelMaps
- School Tube—learning videos from YouTube. Organized by topics http://sqooltube.com/
- NASA Science for teens http://missionscience.nasa.gov/ and kids http://spaceplace.nasa.gov/
- Thesaurus—a great one www.thesaurus.com
- World Book Online (subscription required) www.worldbookonline.com/kids