PBAS 14 Day Twitter Challenge

Twitter app

Before starting this post I must thank Jarrod Robinson (@mrrobbo) who posted a PE teacher 14 Day Twitter Challenge on his website thepegeek.com. A perfect example of how Twitter directed me to something that then resulted in an idea that could be used to encourage staff at PBAS to learn a new skill that potentially could change the way they view professional development and teaching.

Thanks to all the staff willing to have a go a the 14 Day Twitter Challenge. I hope that everyone finds it worth while. Below are copies of the 14 Day Challenge graphic. I have also added a follow up video to the first session where we created our Twitter accounts in case anyone wanted to get a refresher on some of the things we talked about on Day 1 of the challenge.

Links to TfEL and The Australian Professional Standards for Teachers

TfEL 1.3 Participate in professional learning communities and networks.

TfEL 1.5 Discuss educational purpose and policy.

Australian Teacher Standards 6.2 Engage in professional learning and improve practice.

Australian Teacher Standards 6.3 Engage with colleagues and improve practice.

The 14 Day Twitter Challenge instructions

14 Day Twitter Challenge

PBAS Twitter Basics

2 thoughts on “PBAS 14 Day Twitter Challenge

1. Once again Nick you amaze me with your tech “know-how”. I always thought that twitter was for bored sportspeople who love the idea of commenting on everything and anything but it seems it could also be a worthwhile learning and information tool. Who would’ve thought. If I had a twitter account I would post “Nick loves his technology #doesnthehaveatv#hasnthegot4kidsandawifetotakeuphistime.
    Awesome job mate. I missed today’s meeting but will try to catch up and engage if possible tomorrow??

2. PS. I also like the look of popplet flow diagram organiser app. Another one for the list with potential in the classroom as a graphic organiser for kids.