Dylan Wiliam presents 5 Key Strategies for Assessment for Learning. Providing feedback that moves learners forward is one of these.
The following information is from an article titled Good Feedback.
So what is it about quality feedback?
- Feedback that moves the learning forward is one of the most critical elements in improving learning.
- Nearly 80% of the feedback students get is from peers, and most of it is incorrect – Teach students how to give good feedback.
- Everything (feedback) is designed to grow learning – something like “good job” doesn’t do that.
- Designed to reinforce a growth mindset.
- Most useful when it comes from multiple sources (self, other students, teachers, outside experts) that know how to give good feedback.
Hear how Dylan Wiliam describes feedback. Watch his video HERE. Listen to him discuss how feedback should cause thinking, not be ego involving and create a growth mindset.