This year I have created posters covering the major body systems relating to Year 12 PE using QR Codes. These posters are designed to go up on the walls in the Year 12 room as well as be used in the students private study spaces at home. They will act as a constant reference point for what is essentially a rote learning task. Each poster has at least one QR code that links to an online video explaining the body system in more detail.
QR codes are extremely easy to make and there are many sites that allow you to generate them. I used the web site qrstuff.com.
There are many uses for QR codes in the classroom and limited only by your imagination.
- send a QR code home on a parent letter or piece of student work linking parents to some extra relevant information.
- Put a QR code in the school newsletter that provides extra information for parents on a relevant topic.
- Provide a QR code(s) on student assignments linking students to key resources.
- Create a walk around the school using QR codes to hide clues that allow students to move to the next clue in the walk.
- Create revision tasks/questions with the answers (or possible answers) in the form of QR codes. These could be in the form of text, links to websites or You Tube videos.
- Put QR codes up around the classroom that take students to websites or information that enhances the learning of a current topic in the classroom.
Below are screen shots of each poster that I have created. If you would like to access the posters the links are provided below.
Body Systems QR Posters