If you can’t make it to the Memorial or you want to get more out of your visit, borrow a Memorial box.
Each box contains artefacts that students can handle, as well as photographs, case studies, uniforms, a video, oral histories, teacher’s notes, and more. Memorial boxes can be adapted for use across many areas of study and are accessible to a wide range of students, from lower primary to senior secondary.
There are six titles in the series:
- Box 01– Australia in the First World War
- Box 02 – Vietnam: the Australian experience
- Box 03 – Too dark for the Light Horse: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders in the defence forces
- Box 04 – Australia under attack!
- Box 05 – We want to do more: the experience of women and children during the Second World War
- Box 06 – Our war in the Pacific, 1942
Each state and territory has a complete set of the boxes, with duplicates of the most popular boxes.
The use of a box in your classroom is free (the school may have to pay for frieght and handling).
Boxes are available for loan in South Australia through the following contact: Elspeth Grant Email: email@example.com
Click here if you would you like to view/download a pamphlet explaining each of the 6 Memorial boxes?
Click here to vist the Australian War Memorial Website and have a look at these great resources.