The links below (the titles) will take you to some useful information on providing feedback and assessment strategies. I thought they might be useful for professional reading if anyone was looking for ideas or had a focus in these areas as part of their professional development.
All information is from the Board of Studies and Educational Standards NSW website.
Teacher feedback about student learning is essential for students and integral to teaching, learning and assessment. Feedback can clarify for students:
- how their knowledge, understanding and skills are developing in relation to the syllabus outcomes and content being addressed
- how to improve their learning.
The purpose of assessment is to gather valid, reliable and useful information about student learning in order to:
- monitor student achievement in relation to outcomes
- guide future teaching and learning opportunities
- provide ongoing feedback to students to improve learning.